As I write this update in January, the world is still in the grip of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), but advancements in vaccine and testing technology give us hope that some sense of normalcy is not far away.
This has been - and continues to be - an incredibly challenging time for everyone, including for our startups, our partners, and our communities. But I believe that out of adversity comes opportunity. MassChallenge itself was founded during a time of uncertainty, and we know what it takes to weather a storm. We know that by working together, by investing in entrepreneurs, and by continuing to grow, develop, and evolve our innovation ecosystems, we can build a stronger future for all.
This is why we remain committed to helping entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses during this crisis.
MassChallenge’s 2021 programs will happen as scheduled; they will begin online and transition to hybrid or in-person programming and events only when we can ensure the safety of our community. Our 2020 virtual programs received a NPS of 70, so we’re confident that we can continue to deliver on our promise to provide the community, vital resources, and intentional partnerships that help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses.
- MassChallenge HealthTech and MassChallenge FinTech announced their 2021 cohorts in December and will run through June 2021.
- MassChallenge Israel’s 2021 accelerator will begin online in April. Applications for the 2021 cohort closed on January 19, 2021 and are currently being judged.
- MassChallenge Switzerland’s 2021 accelerator will begin online in June. Applications for the 2021 cohort opened on January 20, 2021 and are due March 8, 2021.
- MassChallenge Boston’s, MassChallenge Rhode Island’s, and MassChallenge Texas (Austin and Houston)’s 2021 accelerators will begin online in June. MassChallenge’s US-based early-stage programs – Boston, Rhode Island, Austin and Houston – will align resources to better equip our community of innovators with the tools they need to disrupt the status quo and create meaningful change. Applications for the 2021 cohorts will open on February 17, 2021 and are due March 31, 2021.
- MassChallenge Mexico 2021 accelerator will begin online in July. Applications for the 2021 cohort open on March 11, 2021 and are due April 28, 2021.
We’ll continue to closely follow guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), national health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health departments to determine our best path forward. MassChallenge’s leadership remains vigilant in working with international and regional authorities to monitor the virus and its implications. We will be updating our response as the situation evolves. Please contact us at [email protected] with any specific questions.